Unreliable workflow builder?

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Wed Jun 29 13:51:14 EDT 2005

Greetings folks,

Is anyone else finding the WF builder on 6.20 bl**dy unreliable? I'm
logging the same/related problems with OSS for the third time now, things
like:

* Adding a while loop produces "Illegal node-id in Nodevalue-Table" (and
lets you continue building)
* Copy/paste: Some steps/blocks can no longer be copied, it either gives
message "Binding direction 123 with index". (I was very happy to find a
note 853498 that addresses this one, only to find out it just 'corrects'
the error message to "Function not permitted on selected node")
* Random corruptions that reappear some time later - I have 'hidden' steps
in my navigation area that are no longer in my flow (deleted). Or I delete
something and it deletes the whole loop that it's in.
I have a strong suspicion that much of it is related somewhere....

The reason I'm asking here is that I'd like to hear any techniques or
experiences others may have had. Have you dealt with OSS on this one? Any
useful feedback? I've had a note which fixed it at one client and now at
another I'm encountering the same problems even though the note is
applied.

The problem with reporting these things to OSS is the usual consultants
dilemma: Whilst OSS may be very helpful, my client will not sponsor the
time for me to sort this out. More so the case on short-term projects to
implement one WF process in a very ambitious timeframe.

Anyway.. enough ranting, any input of similar experiences would be
appreciated,
Cheers
Mike Pokraka
Senior Consultant