Task Wait for event and deadline delay

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Wed Jun 29 03:59:52 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,
What I meant was not to use a deadline on the wait step at all, because -
as you've discovered - it doesn't work. So, instead of a deadline on the
wait step, use a requested start deadline on a step that simply executes
and does nothing:
(best viewed in Courier font)
        fork
      /       \
     |         |
     |         |
 [Wait]  [Empty step]   <--- this one has a requested start
     |         |
     |         |
      \       /
      end fork

Cheers
Mike

Caillet, Eric wrote:
> Hi all, :))
>
> my english is too bad so idon't know if  i well understand myself. I wrote
> a simple exemple, you can throw an eye :
>
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.caillet/workflow.htm
>
> Regards,
> Eric C.
>

> ________________________________
>
> De: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu de la part de Mike Pokraka
> Date: jeu. 23/06/2005 14:08
> À: SAP Workflow Users' Group
> Objet : Re: RE : Task Wait for event and deadline delay
>

> Hi Eric,
> Create a dummy step that does nothing, and put it in a fork parallel to
> your wait for event:
>
> Branch A -> Wait for event
> Branch B -> Wait step (dummy method) with requested start of 2 days.
>
> After 2 days the step in branch B will execute, terminating the fork and
> killing the wait for event step.
>
> Cheers
> Mike
>
> Caillet, Eric wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> sorry i don't understand your answer : create a wait step in a parallel
>> branch, ok but what's about my deadline ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eric C.
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> De: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu de la part de Mike Pokraka
>> Date: mar. 21/06/2005 17:14
>> À: SAP Workflow Users' Group
>> Objet : RE: Task Wait for event and deadline delay
>>

>> Hi Eric,
>> I'm not too sure but I think I tried that some time back with the same
>> result.
>> Your best bet is to use a wait step in a parallel branch.
>> Cheers
>> Mike
>>
>> Caillet, Eric wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I agree with you and I did all that. Well I summarize what I did in my
>>> workflow example :
>>>

>>> -          create a new BOR named ZTEST with one key field and one
>>> event
>>> :
>>> ChangeStatus ;
>>>
>>> -          create a new workflow with a new element in container :
>>> ZELEMENT, a object type ZERCA ;
>>>
>>> -          in the new workflow I create a new event "Wait for event"
>>> task
>>> with ZELEMENT like container element and ChangeStatus event. In the
>>> outcomes tab I've selected "Wait step terminated", "Latest end" and
>>> "Processing obsolete".
>>>
>>> -          In the "Latest end" tab, Refer. Date/time is Work item
>>> creation
>>> + 2 minutes
>>>

>>> Well, in my workflow I've one task and 3 steps (Event arrived,
>>> Obsolete,
>>> Deadline). I launch my workflow and when the deadline is arrived,