Issue with transporting webservices & generated tasks.

pramod reddy rkpramod at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 22:31:52 EDT 2005

Hi All,

URL is being incorrectly prepared whenever task[associcated with webservice] is executed; hence BSP page/webserive is not started in browser. This I am facing in QA.

After debugging in QA, I found, linkage missing between webservices & tasks[which was generated from WF_extsrv].

Entries for the same linkage, i could see it in table "SWLWPTSSID"(Task Linkages for WebFlow Services) in DEV. I am not sure why this is not locked under Transport.

(one more observation during development in DEV is, Generated tasks are by default saved under &tmp; I have manually assigned them another package for transporting)

As for as my understanding this is causing the problem.

So now the question is how these entries can be transported into QA?

or should I maintain this table directly in QA? (SAP allows maintenance of this table directly; I have verified this from SM30). [I guess this table maintained manually, the reason being this table also contains Logical system name; And this value will be different in DEV & QA hence can't transported from DEV to QA. Correct me if am wrong].

Hints please to "fix" this(corrective actions). And how this can be prevented in first place(in DEV itself).

we have to fix this as early as possible.

I would appreciate if any one can summarize what steps need to be followed before and after transporting the webservices into QA. otherwise please provide me the links to documentation on this subject.

Thanking in advance.

Pramod.