deadline monitoring loop

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Wed Jun 22 14:21:07 EDT 2005

"Set 'Latest End' DM & enable 'Processing obsolete' for an outcome"
Interesting! And raises some more questions for me now that I looked at
it.
We don't use Deadline processing much so please bare with me. We have
enough
problems with performance without throwing thousands of batch progs at
the system
every 20 minutes.

When testing in development with very low Requested Start in task and
low RSWWDHEX settings (1 minute and 3 minutes respectively), I noticed

some interesting issues.
Just in dev. Don't run these settings in prod! Performance thing.
(Unless you like getting Tarred and Feathered!)

1. Locking issues.
No doubt due to the RSWWDHEX running multiple times with above
settings.
When this happens my tasks sometimes hang.
So, next time RSWWDHEX runs it sees nothing to do and the task is just
stuck until manually set.
Sound correct?

2. Table SWDSSTEPS.
When, what, and how do these entries get cleared out of the table?
I noticed over 9,000 entries in dev and I know I don't have _anything_
in waiting.
All entries are zeros for time/date.

3. Will "Set 'Latest End' DM & enable 'Processing obsolete' for an
outcome" pickup
these tasks and complete the step if for any reason the RSWWDHEX misses
the deadline?
And, then will they get cleared if it hangs on the Requested Start?

4. How do I clear old timers for any task / WF that I no longer want to
monitor?
Example, old WF versions that we not longer want to use Deadlines.

Thanks!
4.6c

Rick Sample
SAP Workflow Analyst/Developer
Graybar, Inc.
11885 Lackland Rd.
63146-4208
314.573.5822
Rick.Sample at GBE.com

>>> Jeff at Business-Workflow.com 6/22/2005 12:02 >>>
Sushil,

You could use the Modeled option on your 'Latest End'
DM & enable 'Processing obsolete' for an outcome. Then
place the mail step after the DM leg & then a 'Process
Control' Step that 'Sets the work item to Obsolete' using
that original DM Step as the 'WF Step' entry. Let me know
if you have any problems & I can show you some screen
shots.

Jeff Rappaport
www.Business-Workflow.com