SRM 4.0 (EBP 5.0) n step item level WF

lmillich@yahoo.com lmillich at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 16:32:05 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

In SRM 4.0 (EBP 5.0) we use the n step parallel item
level workflow (WS14500015).
BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI is implemented. The approvers are
determined in a complex way with many steps based on
custom tables.
I have the following weird problem:
When creating the shopping cart then in the preview
everything works fine, both in the applet and in the
table display mode the approvers show up as needed.
After saving, a workitem is created properly for the
first approver.
When the approver in the approval transaction
(BBPSC07) goes into the detail screen and then also to
the approval preview, then "approver is displayed on
item level" appears, even for one item, and in the
approval the item is doubled !!!
One line is in "to be approved", the other one is
"under approval" status. The content of the 3 internal
tables filled by the BADI look the same as in the
shopping cart creation, and the item_approval_table
contains only one line.
When the approver does not go to the detail (the BADI
is not called), but approves with the green icon, then
the approval is fine, not doubled, and in the status
transaction everything is displayed good.
I refresh the item_approval_obj table at the beginning
of the BADI, this seems to modify the behaviour, but
without refresh there are other problems.
Anybody has had a similar problem or has any
explanation?

Thanks in advance.