AW: Accessing a container value in EBP 3.5

Michael Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Wed Jun 1 09:06:33 EDT 2005

Hi Sue,
The container stuff has moved out of the tables into XML formats, which
is more suitable to store structured elements. I've tried to retrieve
this manually before and it got ugly beforeI got very far so I left it
as is. (My initial reasons were similar to yours).
You can tell it to use conventional containers, though I'd very much
advise not to. SWDC, tab 'Default Values', persistence profile. This can
also be changed on a per WF basis, under header tabs version dependent
-> Control -> Persistence profile. This is provided for cases where a
lot of custom reporting has been built around SWW_CONT, and is such a
non-recommended option that Jocelyn didn't even dare mention it. For
your case it's probably a bit late since it's only new WF's that wil use
the setting, but I thought I'd mention it since you asked about the
differences... The upgrade / 'whats new' notes for 620 have a few useful
pointers as well.
Cheers
Mike