AW: Accessing a container value in EBP 3.5

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Jun 1 04:24:52 EDT 2005

Hi Sue,
Basis 6.20 uses XML containers for new workflows so old "bad habits" of
direct reads on tables won't always work.

Just a thought - Have you exhausted other reporting options?  e.g. Use
function module BBP_PD_SC_GETLIST to find shopping carts by status -
even if the status was once set to rejected, you may be able to report
on shopping carts with an inactive rejected status.

I've looked at the workflow classes and the BBP_PDH_WFL* function
modules but no joy there.
There's plenty of stuff for finding objects in work items, but not
ordinary container elements.

So you can either use the WAPIs - btw. the SRM developers use them also
I've noticed,
or if you can see your data in SWW_CONT and it really is a one-off
program then go ahead and read it from there.
I wouldn't be so keen on that approach if it's a regular program though.

It might be worth suggesting a SAP_WAPI_WI_BY_CONTAINER_VALUE by dev
request.
Regards,
Jocelyn