SRM 4.0 -EBP- 2 step bid approval WF

shreeram K shreeram_k at rediffmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:48:39 EDT 2005

Hello,

SAP team has developed '2 stage bid approval workflow' as per our client's requirement. This workflow is working fine in development system but facing following problem in production system.

After 2nd stage approval is processed, workflow in going into error and hence bid status remains unchanged. However it is not
hampering further process and allows us to create PO or Contract.
Please find below steps we are following...
1. Bid invitation creation by initiator.
2. Bid acceptance and submission by Vendor
3. Purchaser/initiator accepts the bid. - Workflow gets triggered.
4. First Level Approval is done.
5. Second level approval is done. After this Workflow gets triggeres in background and follows below sequence...
a. Update Bid During Approval/Rejection - Here workflow is going into
error.
b. Set status of bid to 'Released' - Workflow is going into error.
c. Sub Workflow gets triggered to send automatic mail to initiator.
- Here Sub workflow cannot get triggered since earlier event is not
completed.
6. Purchaser/Initiator can create Po or Contract.-
No problem in carrying out this activity but Workflow status is not
changed to 'Completed'.

Till the 2nd approval is done applet is showing right status but after 2nd approval, it is again showing again the intial status which is really strange.

Most important thing we have observed that if manually restart this
workflow again, which is in error, with transaction SWPR, then it is
going ahead with no errors.
We have compared the status in Development and Production and found that it is the same.

Has anyone experinced such kind of problem?
Awaiting for your reply... Thanks.

Regards,
Shreeram