Parked Invoice Agent Determination

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Tue Jul 19 17:44:10 EDT 2005

Hi Valerie,
Talk to a functional person on the FI side. This can be a very complex
scenario, as there are many ways to accomplish that depending on a lot
of finance voodoo. There will be many scenarios where you won't have
cost centres directly accessible - WBS elements, projects, assets. You
can't post to all cost centres, some may have an associated cost
element. Or, a WBS element may have a controlling cc, but costs are
posted to a technical cc. It's a jungle out there, so make sure you get
all the rules in writing from a finance consultant or similar that knows
how your organization operates.

You may get lucky and have only one specific parking scenario, otherwise
I wish you good luck. You are on the correct track about creating a
custom attribute on a ZFIPP, as for the agents, that partly depends on
your setup. How many ccs? If it's a select few you could use
responsibilities. Do you use HR? - you could assign it in the org
structure. A custom table is a last resort - remember that it has to be
maintained each time someone moves. Using standard stuff means
forwarding and substitution is easier to take into account.

Sorry there are no straightforward answers, but I hope that helped.

Cheers
Mike