Passing Values from the WF back to the triggering CIC front OfficeProcess

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Mon Jul 18 10:42:28 EDT 2005

Yep I was right. The WF executed the foreground step (which had no dialog screens, therefore really a background step) in a synchronous fashion. This is because I set it as a general task and the agent determination as _WF_INITATOR. The WF sub system realised that the current user contact is the actual agent and therefore simply executed the step without putting the item in the users inbox.

This means that you should be OK to execute the WF synchronously from the CIC and receive the exporting parameters. Now to test Conditions and see whether perhaps they break the dialog chain. I am hoping they behave the same as the Container Operations....

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
p: +61 3 9625 2189 (Head Office)
f:  +61 3 8610 1239