Testing for a blank multiline attribute

Mike.Nickson@bhint.com Mike.Nickson at bhint.com
Fri Jul 8 10:34:05 EDT 2005

Hi Mike

Yes I've seen you resolve this one before . . . wasn't it something like
"if &Multi(index1) = ' ' " ? ? ?

Mike

Michael Pokraka <wug.replies at workflowconnections.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
08/07/2005 14:56
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"

        To:     sap-wug at mit.edu
        cc:
        Subject:        Testing for a blank multiline attribute

Hello wuggers,
I think I've got the perfect Friday afternoon problem for you:

What is the best way to check for a blank multiline element?

Using '&MULTI& EX' as the condition works fine if there are NO entries.
However
if the assignment comes from an attribute you will always get a single
blank
entry if the attribute has no value. Having an attribute which doesn't
return
anything if it fails will cause the WF to error with "Error when
determining
attribute 'FOO' of object instance '[BO.BAR.]". Checking if it's blank as
per a
single element ('&ELEMENT& =') doesn't work.

Of course it's possible to work around, but it seems something that should
be
checkable in a simple condition, or even two OR'ed or AND'ed conds, but I
can't
seem to spot it. I've a feeling that I've encountered this before but
memory
fails....

Inputs appreciated,
Cheers & happy Friday