Events published by Change Documents

Cheung, Carmen Carmen.Cheung at BHPBILLITON.COM
Wed Jan 19 21:47:40 EST 2005

Question:

Is it possible to have a single change document object for requisitions that can be configured to publish a workflow event when there is a change to both line item data (eg. purchasing group EBAN-EKGFP) and service data (eg. quantity ESLL-MENGE)?

Scenario:

We want to trigger a single workflow whenever any data on a purchase requisition changes.  Presently, if we change the purchasing group we get a change document for change document object BANF, and if we change the service quantity we get another change document for change document object MM_SERVICE.  We can configure an event to be published for each change document object using transaction SWEC, but under this scenario we would have two events, and thus two workflows!  We only require one event for any or all changes to a requisition during a logical unit of work.

We'd appreicate any thoughts on this query.

Thanks.

Carmen

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.