What's the differentce between status management event transactions?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Jan 19 10:22:39 EST 2005

Good morning/afternoon/night/lunch all,

Could someone please explain the different user status event definition
transactions to me?

On 4.7/6.20 we have BSVY and BSVZ which are both for user status events and
very similar, the difference being that BSVZ has the status profile at the top
level and BSVY has it at the lower level (status restrictions). So far so good,
but when I define events via BSVY, they do not get triggered (BSVZ they do.

Oh, there's also a hidden feature: Looking at the tables behind these
(BSVWCOUP*), we also have fields for a function module to determine the object
type and event ID. These aren't accessible from anywhere that I could find - or
am I missing something?

I'm already busy recreating all my events one by one for each status profile in
BSVZ, but I'm now doubly curious what the point of BSVY is.

Cheers
Mike