[off-topic] RE: RSWUWFML2 and substitutes

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Fri Jan 7 06:10:12 EST 2005

Yes, it was a joke. But not far enough from reasonable I guess :-)
I know there are the strangest requests coming in to your support people,
but you can safely put this one in the trash can.

Have a good weekend (in a few hours).

USER CASE: We had a problem some time ago that not all course registration
notifications e-mails got through. All we had was the job log which wrote
an error message we couldn't make sense out of. After some time scratching
my head and pondering about in the system I realised that the error message
contained information I could search for in our tables. Sure enough, in the
field labelled "Home EMAIL address" someone had written (in Norwegian)
"send all mail to <home street address>". Sometimes I wish we had 20 users
instead of 20.000 - but I could possibly find myself without a job then.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Dart,
                    Jocelyn"             To:     "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                    <jocelyn.dart        cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    @sap.com>            Subject:     RE: [off-topic] RE: RSWUWFML2 and substitutes
                    Sent by:
                    sap-wug-bounc
                    es at mit.edu

                    07.01.2005
                    05:18
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

I'm assuming that's tounge-in-cheek?  Have you SEEN some of the email
addresses around?  Not to mention that if the system guesses the wrong
email address that just happens to be a valid email address for another
person with a similar name you open up a whole open-cut mine of
confidentiality, privacy and security issues.
Anyway of course you can look it up in another IT system - that's where
LDAPs and UME (User Management Engine)and suchlike come in and of course
you can link them up to your SAP systems.
Regards,
Jocelyn