SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Feb 15 20:26:38 EST 2005

Rick,
No, you are correct, the WAPI can only start the workflow.  It can't
interrupt the current transaction as this could cause logical unit of
work issues with the current transaction, e.g. data may not be saved or
data relationships may be corrupted.  What you can do is use your own
screen, e.g. in a  BADI if it is available and allows you to do this,
and then pass this information to the workflow using the WAPI - e.g. so
that the workflow can then skip that first step as it already has the
data.

Other than that, yes you can raise the work item as an express item,
which will give a message with the option of going immediately to their
inbox.

Would you please give me the chapter/section/page/statement you are
referring to and we'll put a clarification up on the workflowbook site.
Regards,
Jocelyn