How to restart lots of workflows in 'STARTED' status

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Thu Feb 3 09:52:42 EST 2005

I wouldn't force more ERRORs than we already have if this was in our system
:-)

Depends on your version and support package. SWPC is what you should use,
but there is a bug there which makes it unusable if it is the first step
that has stopped. OSS Note 772651 applies to 620 and up. The corrections
for the function module are valid also for 46C as far as I can see (the
class that is corrected is not available), but there is no version of the
corrections for 46C. I have created a customer message (two weeks ago) and
asked them to create correction instructions (downgrade the note as they
call it) - perhaps if everybody else too does that something will happen.

You can of course modify the standard function module with the correction
instructions, but I haven't been allowed to do that here.

As a workaround (but you have to do each one separately) you can use SWIA.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Michael
                    Pokraka              To:     "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                    <workflow at qui        cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    rky.me.uk>           Subject:     Re: How to restart lots of workflows in 'STARTED' status
                    Sent by:
                    sap-wug-bounc
                    es at mit.edu

                    03.02.2005
                    11:39
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

Hi Ross,
One option is usually to force the WF into error (SAP_WAPI_SET_ERROR), and
restart it from SWI2_DIAG. That's probably a bit tedious for hundreds of
items.
I've never had success with SWPC, but it's also worth a try.
Cheers
Mike