SRM 5.0 - BAdi N-Step

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Dec 28 15:27:02 EST 2005

All,

I am trying to make the tail wag the puppy here, but maybe some of you can shed some knowledge...

We will be on SRM 5.0 (as soon as the Basis elves finish their work).  Currently testing a proof of
concept on an SRM 4.0 box.

The requirement is to have dynamic parallel processing for shopping carts based on the different
profit centers assigned.  I have managed to get the BAdi to deliver two dynamic parallel steps using
WS14500015, WS14500014, and WS14500013, but here's one of the kickers...(so that means I could get
as many steps fired off as I have profit centers on the document)

The approvers are not interested in item approval.  As a matter of fact, they will be severely put
off if they are forced to click into the Cart, and look at line items.  Has anyone ever tried (and
succeeded) in using a header-level approval task at this point ?

I can tell from the workflows and BAdi and runtime manipulation of containers and all will make this
a very tricky maneuver, and maybe even inadvisable.  My other choice is to go entirely custom, which
  wouldn't be very pretty either.

Happy WF-ing,
Sue
--