Regarding SAP HR and Workflow

Breslavets Sergey sergey.breslavets at volvo.com
Tue Dec 13 09:32:05 EST 2005

Hi Vijay,

ESS/MSS are SAP Portal self-service applications comprised of the frontend portal components (business pack) and backend R/3 part. Frontend components run on the SAP Enterprise Portal 5 or 6, and the backend components on the R/3 application server.  There are different releases of ESS and MSS which have different system requirements - check documentation for a particular ESS/MSS version.

You can find the documentation for MSS/ESS business packs on SDN.

Most of the processes in ESS/MSS are implemented using ISR/PCR, and workflows are delivered as part of the corresponding request - look for ISR in the ESS docs , or PCR in the MSS...

hope this helps,

SB