Strange Deadline Problems

Sheldon Oxenberg soxenber at csc.com
Mon Dec 12 09:52:37 EST 2005

Check all of the dates involved to determine exactly when things occurred.
We had the situation where deadline emails were generated but got stuck in
a system email queue.  Then later the stuck email queue was released, and
the emails were actually delivered months after they were generated and
months after the workflow was successfully completed.

Regards,
Sheldon

                      Mike.Nickson
                      @bhint.com               To:      sap-wug at mit.edu
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      sap-wug-bounces          Subject: Strange Deadline Problems

                      12/07/2005 10:40
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

We are suddenly experiencing strange deadline problems here where deadlines
are being invoked for workflows that have completed.

In our leave request workflow, we generate an email reminder if the
employee's line manager has not actioned the workitem within 5 days, and if
unactioned after 15 days then we generate a second email.

We have instances of a leave request workflow that has been authorised and
the workflow has completed within the 5 days without any deadlines being
invoked.

Inexplicably the deadline emails (both 5 and 15 days) were generated last
night . . . . even though the workflow completed on the 14th November !

I see that there is an entry in SWWWIDEADL for the workitem, and presumably
it is this that is being picked up by RSWWDHEX.

I would expect that the SWWWIDEADL entry for a workitem would be removed
when a workflow completes, but this does not seem to be the case.

Any one experienced this type of phenomena before ?

Yours Confusedly.

Mike

SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu