UWL Configuration

muinul hussain muinul at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 11:27:50 EST 2005

Hi ,

We are using EP 6 SP 14 and I want to configure the
UWL. I am new to this and so I want to start off with
the minimal configuration ( Where I believe the items
are executed using the SAP GUI for HTML ).Of the
pre-requisites I read in the guide :

- I do have admin rights to the portal
- Account on the backend system with access to SWK1 &
RFC access
- The R/3 system is connected and alias created in
Portal ( ITS, 640 )
-  User mappings between the portal and backend user
done.
- The UWL iview added to a role in portal

I have a doubt in this requirement :

• The executed Business Workflows must have the proper
work item visualizations (see Appendix 10.5)

Do I have to do any specific settings in the R/3
syste,. I was under the impression that for minimal
config where most of the work items will be executed
via the SAP GUI for HTML I do not have to set any work
item visualization.

If required can anyone point out what exactly needs to
be done in here.

Thanks ,

Regards,
Muinul