Some trouble with container operations

RomanWeise@gmx.net RomanWeise at gmx.net
Tue Dec 6 06:39:05 EST 2005

Hi all,

when I am  building workflows I sometimes need small calculations or string
manipulations which I would like to do in a container step or even in an
expression within the data flow between e.g. wf and task container.

Let's take these 2 examples:
- i need a date which is X days in a future
  * i'd like to do this in a container step by adding X to %DATUM%

- i have to split the 14 character event creator into the 'US' and the
'NAME' part
  * i'd like to hand the event creator in a &_EVT_CREATOR(2)& and
&_EVT_CREATOR+2& way/stile from the event container to the 2 workflow
container attributes

Unfortunately both examples do not work, so I currently have to do this by
using functional methods of an ABAP helper class. But i think for such easy
things there should be an easier way.

Is there any trick to do such manipulations / calculations directly within
the workflow?

Oh, I forgot. I am currently using a 6.40 WebAS for my workflow developments
and will be able to use a 7.0 within the next one or two weeks, if there are
any new features in 7.0 which help to solve my problems.

Thanks in advance

Roman

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl