SRM Shopping Cart Status

Raju Omkaram romkaram at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:40:31 EST 2005

Sue,

Once shopping cart is approved it means that all the approvals have been
done. I had exactly same requirement as yours with a small twist though. In
std EBP, upon final approval of the cart, the WF status is set to 'Approved'
and a backend document is created in R/3 and the SC is available for view in
sourcing cockpit. The requirement we had was that the status of workflow
must be approved but no backend document should be created. A buyer in the
sourcing cockpit ( we use a shoppingg cart monitor for buyers to review the
SCs) will decide which line items of the different SCs need to be converted
into PO.

I developed a custom workflow to avoid using BBP_PD_SC_STATUS_CHANGE_WF
instead a used custom code to set the Workflow status to 'Approved' from
'Awaiting Approval'. In shopping cart monitor when converting to PO we
cloned REQ REQ functionality to create backend document.

I ensured that I never set workflow status to 'Released' since the REQREQ
job will create yet another backend document.

I had to this because in 3.5 we do not have line item conversion to PO. I
used all ebp FMs in the workflow to avoid any core mods. If we upgrade I
would change the start conditions to the SAP released workflow.

Hope this helps.

Raju