deleting work item from inbox

Nat 4 Govender ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Wed Aug 24 02:04:32 EDT 2005

Hi Sharath Chandra,

For the example that you are talking about another way to delete a work
item for a specific user is use transaction SWI5.

In the type field you capture "US"
In the ID field you capture the user's user id

This will provide you will a list of all work items available for that
user.
This is an example of what you should see

Work items to be processed

         1  NAME OF USER

             1  TS90100212     Generic decision task

         1  Not reserved by an agent

             1  TS90000087     Decision: specify substitute?

 You simply double click on the the work item you want to logically delete
until you get to the Header of the work item.
Then you choose the edit and change and logically delete option.

You could also use transaction SWI1. for this transaction it's good to know
the work items id of the header work item.
You capture the header work item id in the ID field and clear all other
fields and execute.
Then double click on that item and then again on the header in the
technical view and then choose edit and then delete logically.

Regards

Nat Govender
Toyota South Africa
IT - SAP - SAP Workflow
Internal Ext.  : 32645
Direct Line    : +27 31 910 2645
Fax                 : +27 31 902 9633
E-mail            : ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Forgiveness is when one relinquishes the option to hurt the person that
hurt you.
Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.

             <mikko.maki-rahko
             la at accenture.com>
             sap-wug-bounces at m         <sap-wug at mit.edu>
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             2005/08/24 07:21          RE: deleting work item from inbox
             AM

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Hi,
you can cancel work items also from your workplace. Just go and display the
work item, go to technical work item display (Goto->Technical work item
display), select Edit->Change and you should have the Delete logically
button available if the work item can be cancelled.

Hope this helps,
Mikko