Strange problem about resolving role

jinghui,liu liujinghui at jetway.com.cn
Fri Aug 12 04:41:05 EDT 2005

   I think I've found out what's the problem and I'm glad to share with someone else that maybe have the similar question as mine.
   After I failed to resolve role using responsibility, I went on to use Function Module, then many agents were successfully identified, but still some of them could not be identified. Yesterday  I got a thoroughly debug on the function module and found out that there is an additional auth check when the Function Module RH_STRUC_GET is called in my role resolution FM, the code is
 AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'PLOG'
        ID  'PPFCODE' FIELD bac_fcode
        ID  'PLVAR'   FIELD bac_plvar
        ID  'OTYPE'   FIELD bac_otype
        ID  'INFOTYP' DUMMY
        ID  'SUBTYP'  DUMMY
        ID  'ISTAT'   DUMMY.
   when the auth check fails, the FM does not say that maybe the cause is auth, it just throw an exception says no agent can be found, the exception has really confused me for a long time that I spent all time in looking into the organizational structure
   Then I checked the authority of relevant agents, I found the guy responsible for auth assignment forgot to set any value to the PLVAR auth field. Now all things are running perfect. Compared with the previous problem, I'm sure it must be the same reason, although I'm not sure what the auth object to be checked is when use responsibilities.

thanks,
tiger.