Out of Office functionality

Jeff Rappaport Jeff at Business-Workflow.com
Thu Aug 11 10:39:00 EDT 2005

   I'm on MS Outlook 2003 & it can easily be done, like
Mike was saying, by going to menu path: Tools -> Out of
Office Assistant, choose the radio button "I am currently
out of the office", & entering text in the box that
says "Auto-reply only once to each sender with the
following text:".

Jeff Rappaport
www.Business-Workflow.com

---- Original message ----

wug at mit.edu

>Microsoft Lookout:
>Tools -> Out Of Office -> some setting ... I'm not
connected to an
>Exchange Swerver but it can't be rocket science.
>
>Set it once and it should stay that way every time you
turn OO on.

>Cheers
>Mike
>
>Trant, David wrote:
>> Hi Sue,
>>
>> Hope you're enjoying summer in the city.  Is there any
automated way of
>> filtering these?  I know myself all too well to
anticipate someday
>> rushing through all the last-minute things one usually
does prior to
>> taking some time off, setting my out-of-office as I'm
rushing out the
>> door to catch the train to the airport, and then once
I've hurried
>> through security and settled down to wait for two hours
(!), realizing
>> that I failed to unsubscribe to the mailing list.
>>
>> Also, I think this case may be more of an anomaly as I
believe most
>> e-mail systems will only send one out-of-office message
per sender for
>> the duration of the absence rather than sending one-for-
one messages as
>> happened here.
>>
>> Thanks for your continued diligence in keeping this
list and all of us

bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf
>> Of Sue Keohan
>> Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:05 PM
>> To: sap-wug at mit.edu
>> Subject: Out of Office functionality
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Apologies on behalf of Patricia Monroe.  Her out-of-
office message was
>> (as you probably noticed) being distributed to the list
for each
>> posting.  I have temporarily unsubscribed her, and she
is welcome to
>> re-subscribe when she returns to the office.
>>
>> With the web interface we now have available (remember
the clunky old
>> Listserv days?) it is now easy as pie to unsubscribe if
you are going
>> out on vacation.  And with the SAP-WUG Archives
available via either SDN

>> or by various Mailman tools, you won't miss a thing
either.  So please,
>> take a moment to consider whether you want to notify
700+ folks when you

>> are going on vacation.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sue

>> This message is for the designated recipient only and
may
>> contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private
information.
>> If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender
>> immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized
use of