Antwort: transports

Jane Simonetti JSimone at smud.org
Tue Aug 9 11:52:54 EDT 2005

Just some words of warning in using OOCR, this affects the PD side of HR.  When we changed the settings on OOCR, our HR analysts who were doing testing in DEV started seeing the transport requests popup.  We worked with them to come up with a solution that worked for Workflow Developers and our HR Analysts. One of our HR analysts summarized the issue and solution. I think you will find this very helpful:
Issue Summary
The automatic transport of PD objects is "Activated" in DV7 to assure proper transport of workflow objects (object types TS and WS).  This leaves us vulnerable to the inadvertent transport of other PD objects, e.g. Jobs, Organizational Units, or Positions, if they are accidentally incorporated in a transport.
Solutions
A partial solution is to deactivate transports for organizational units by setting the flag TRSP/ADMIN to 'X' in table T77S0 (see note 33582).  This turns off the transport window pop-up when performing Personnel Actions (transaction PA40).  However, this still leaves us open to updates of PD objects via other transactions.

A solution is offered via the "Transport Lock for Infotypes and Subtypes by Object" table, T77SR.  This table provides a means to prevent data from being updated in a target system via the transport process (see note 138411).  Inserting an entry in the table sets an import lock.

For example, the entry:
* S, 1001, A002

Would prevent import of the "Reports to" relationship for a position.

Proposal
(1)	Set transport flags in T77S0 as follows (using transaction OOCR):
* TRSP COOR 		' '	- automatic transport of PD object ON
* TRSP ADMIN 	'X'	- transport of organizational units OFF

(2)	Lock transports for the following "High Risk" objects and infotypes (using transaction OOTR).  This provides a necessary safeguard against accidental update of the production system.  The proposed locks prevent not only creation of the specific objects, but also the naming of any relationships (infotype 1001) to the objects.

Object	Infotype	Description
C	1000	JOB
O	1000	ORG UNIT
S	1000	POSITION