Webflow step - error "XML tag <ProcessInstanceKey> not available"

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Tue Aug 9 05:58:00 EDT 2005

It looks like your XML file is missing the workitem id.

Resolving these sorts of problems can be tricky, make sure:

- you have maintained anonymous logon data in SICF for the workflow_xml
service
- you have configured SWR_WEBSERVER on both systems (when you test you
shouldn't get a logon prompt if SICF is OK).
- You have run RSWXML_REPAIR (name may not be quite right but it is in
some oss notes) in both systems
- You have set up possible agents for the calling, called and reference
workflow templates (steer clear of authentication rules until you get
the basic communication working) i.e. the agents at the 'header level'
of the template

When you test, both workflows should end up with at least 4 xml files -
read these and sometimes you will get extra error information.

You may also get problems with your workflows if your network isn't
configured, sometimes the systems find it difficult to talk to one
another, get your basis person to do an NIPING to make sure your reverse
DNS is all OK (no idea what this means but basis people will).  Also
check with basis that the ICM parameters are all set up in RZ10 for your
host and port.

Good luck, this sort of WF_XML communication is much more fun than
boring old RFCs!

Cheers,

Mark

SAP UK Consulting