Webflow step - error "XML tag <ProcessInstanceKey> not availa ble"

Peter Carroll Peter.Carroll at WaterCorporation.com.au
Mon Aug 8 21:49:49 EDT 2005

Andrew,

                We have similar systems running between R3 and EB PRO using
RFC's as a connection method. Have you considered this ?

Regards Peter Carroll

  _____

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Rankin, Andrew
Sent: Tuesday, 9 August 2005 9:37
To: sap-wug at mit.edu
Subject: Webflow step - error "XML tag <ProcessInstanceKey> not available"

Hi,

I am working on a webflow scenario that integrates a process between two SAP
systems -being R/3 Enterprise and SRM 4.0. The idea is that a workflow in
started in R/3 when an invoice is held. It collects various pieces of
information then starts a corresponding workflow in SRM using a webflow
activity, and should then wait until the SRM workflow is complete. The SRM
workflow will request creation of a service confirmation to an agent. Once
this is complete, the SRM workflow ends and the R/3 workflow will continue
from there.

Because I haven't worked with the webflow step before, I started by just
creating a simple example. In the example, an R/3 workflow fills a container
element with the value of a user-id and passes it to an SRM workflow which
sends an email to this user. A reference workflow is created with the same
container element. I just wanted to see the process working so I know how to
write up a spec for the real workflow scenario mentioned above and be sure
that it is going to work!

I have the example working to the point where the initiating R/3 workflow
successfully sends the wf-xml message to the SRM system, which starts the
SRM workflow (passing the container value of my user-id correctly). The SRM
workflow completes ok. But before anything else can happen, the R/3 workflow
goes into error. The error message is "XML tag <ProcessInstanceKey> not
available". When I checked the request / response messages (with transaction
SWXML), this is what the "CreateProcessInstance.Request (received response)"
looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

- <WfMessage Version="1.1"
xmlns="http://www.wfmc.org/standards/docs/Wf-XML">

- <WfMessageHeader>

  <Response />

<Key>HTTP://stlmelhsapd.stlmel.bsl.net:8002/SAP/BC/WORKFLOW_XML/?~protocol=0
4&~localkey=WS90200001</Key>

  </WfMessageHeader>

- <WfMessageBody>

- <CreateProcessInstance.Response>

  <ProcessInstanceKey />

  </CreateProcessInstance.Response>

  </WfMessageBody>

  </WfMessage>

So it seems like the response from SRM is not being correctly formed when it
responds to the initial request from R/3.

I found a message previously in this group which suggested that it might be
an authentication problem. I tried using an authentication rule in the
header of the SRM workflow (passing a user and password to it) but it didn't
make any difference. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong or what I
should check?

Thankyou!

Kind Regards,

Andrew Rankin

+61 0437991735

  _____

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination,
copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is
the disclosure of the information therein. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.