Workflow Administrator authorizations

Hall, Jim Jim.Hall at fortisalberta.com
Thu Apr 21 11:33:25 EDT 2005

Mark:

We have similar issues here, as Claude's.   Our WF admin authorization
is a cloned version of the SAP delivered role.

So, if you have a workflow that is stuck, and needs to be nudged
manually, by executing background item, for example.

If the WF administrator does not have the authorization for the back
ground task, how can one push it forward.

We have many ISU related tasks that run as background processes.  As
administrator I can not push these forward, as I have no access.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim Hall
Systems Analyst
Fortis Alberta Inc.
Information Technology

Jim.Hall at fortisalberta.com

G'day Claude,

I can't give you the specifics you're after but I can tell you that I
wouldn't encourage SAP_ALL or anything close for a WF admin.

WF-BATCH should have SAP_ALL but that's an entirely seperate matter
since it's a batch user that no-one can log on as.

WF Admin really only needs access to WF Admin transactions (SWI1,
SWI2.., SWIA, SWU_OBUF, etc.) plus SM58 which is one that gets forgotten
often. But the WF Admin should not need any functional transactions.
Just because you've got a WF that deals with FI Docs it doesn't mean
that the WF Admin needs FB01 or FB02.

The WF Admin in my opinion should never do other peoples work for them.
They are there to assist the process. Sometimes they need to give the
process a good kick (so you do need all authorization for manipulating
work items) but you don't need access to the underlying Functional
Transactions.

That's my 2p.

Have fun,

Mark

On 4/21/05, Claude Bourque <claude_bourque at hc-sc.gc.ca> wrote:

> Greetings,

> We've run across a few roadblocks recently were security wants to

> severely limit the Workflow Administrator's user id.

> Although we've pointed out the SAP-delivered roles/profiles, nothing

> seems to be moving.

> Can anyone share with me what kind of authorizations your

> administrators have been given? I'm assuming some kind of modified
SAP_ALL.

SAP-WUG at mit.edu