UWL could not retrive workitem ...immdt help needed

Athur Krishna athur.krishna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:44:08 EDT 2005

Hi all,
 my UWL in dev was working fine, but when I moved to IT,
 the UWL screen shows up when there is no work item avbl for the user, but
immdtly when the work item is avbl in the back end,
an Null pointer exception throws up..
 java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.ComponentUtilities.getMappingComponent(
ComponentUtilities.java(Compiled Code))
at
com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.ComponentUtilities.getMappingComponent(
ComponentUtilities.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at
com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.retriever.ItemRetriever.createObjectForType
(ItemRetriever.java(Compiled Code))
at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.retriever.ItemRetriever.getData(
ItemRetriever.java(Compiled Code))
at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.UWLTableControl.loadComponentData(
UWLTableControl.java(Compiled Code))
at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.UWLTableControl.createTableModel(
UWLTableControl.java(Compiled Code))
at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.UWLTableControl.createTable(
UWLTableControl.java(Compiled Code))
at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.UWLMain.doContent(UWLMain.java:174)
at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.control.ControlSupport.doContent(
ControlSupport.java:578)
.
.
.