Simultaneous change documents only triggering one event

Chatterjee, Partha (US - San Ramon) pchatterjee at deloitte.com
Wed Sep 29 14:43:12 EDT 2004

=20
Hi All,

I have change documents to trigger workflows in the EHS area.  They work
fine, however, when I save 2 records at the same time and they create 2
simultaneous change documents (same change document number but different
table keys) they only trigger one of the 2 necessary events.

I would expect to see 2 events raised but I only see one.  I have turned
on the Event Queue and it only sees one event as well.

I can think of a workaround where I can use the event that does trigger
to start the workflow and then have a background step that checks if a
second (third, fourth etc.)workflow should be started but I would prefer
to change the problem at the source.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Partha Chatterjee

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential =
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is =
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should =
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly =
prohibited.