Workflow-overview in "services for object"

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Sep 29 12:16:09 EDT 2004

Hi Paul,
As I mentioned in my second response to Werner, there is this small issue
with the template vs. Workflow task import/export setting on older versio=
ns.

Also, all of this is from slightly distant memory... so I took a minute t=
test this for myself.... turns out I was wrong at least as far as this 62=
0
system is concerned (but something about those settings elsewhere on 4.x
still rings a bell...). I took an arbitrary WF, added a container element
for a PO, set it with an initial value (no imp./exp. flag), and it appear=
ed
in the WF overview.

Anyway... main point of the reply: use PFTC to display your WS, on the fi=
rst
screen - before going to the WF builder, goto your agent assignments. Thi=
is where you can define who can explicitly start the WF.

Cheers
Mike

Rivera, Raul wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Two follow-up questions on the reply below:
>
> I have Object1 which is being used in WS1. Object 1 lists any active
> instance of WS1. Object 1 however is NOT flagged as either import or ex=
port
> parameter and yet it enjoys the "workflow-overview" feature.
>
> On the other hand, Object2 that is flagged as import param for WS2 does=
 NOT
> have the "workflow-overview" access.
>
> Can you please clarify on the container element needs to be flagged as =
an
> import or export below?
>
> My second question is how do you make a WS (versus a TS) a general task=
.

> Thanks,
> Raul Rivera
> Absu.accenture.com