AW: Long text description date format different from workitem date format

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Fri Sep 24 02:48:02 EDT 2004

Oh no..... Our HR department have shot their foot doing that too - quit=
e a
few of their solutions expect dd.mm.yyyy as date input format and will
accept nothing else. That format is the Norwegian standard format. So m=
uch
for being an international company....

And what about users - me being one of them - that prefer ISO standard =
date
format (yyyy-mm-dd)? Or our employees in USA, Azerbaijan and Iran?

The real problem here is that the work item text is created when the wo=
rk
item is created, thus using the language and date format preference of =
the
user that creates the work item. If you use the Business Workplace in 4=
6C
or higher (perhaps also lower versions/other inboxes) there is a settin=
g in
the personal workflow settings to =ABDisplay work item texts in logon
language=BB - maybe it will recreate the work item text to use the user=
's
date format preference.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Werner Koessl                                      =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Werner.Koessl at hirsc        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    hvogel.de>                  cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     AW: Long t=
ext description date format different from workitem date format        =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    24.09.2004 08:11                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi Partha,

i had the same problem months ago.

I solved it with an additional element 'date':
  date(2)    =3D evdat+6(2).   date+2(1) =3D '.'.
  date+3(2)  =3D evdat+4(2).   date+5(1) =3D '.'.
  date+6(4)  =3D evdat(4).

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Werner.