Starting a Workflow after Report Generation & Passing the Report Output

Miguel Adao-Cruz miguel.adao-cruz at capgemini.com
Tue Sep 21 04:29:03 EDT 2004

Hi Raul,

Maybe I didn't understand well your question .... but if the only thing
you want to do is to to send the spool to appropriate users maybe you
should use the button "spool list recipient" in transaction SM37. You
can choose all kinds of recipients and for complicated things you can
use distribution lists. No need of workflow for this.

Cheers

**********************************
Miguel ADAO-CRUZ
Capgemini Belgium
SAP Senior Consultant

miguel.adao-cruz at capgemini.com
+32(0)497053404
**********************************

>>> Raul.Rivera at absu.accenture.com 09/21/04 12:57am >>>
We are on 4.6c.

Currently most of our business reports are started by batch job and
the
report result is persisted in a spool.

We have a business requirement to start a workflow after the
successful
report generation and send the report output to the Business Workplace
of
the appropriate users.

My question is how is the report output (spool, etc.) passed to the
custom
workflow that will be started in the report using
SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW?

Thanks everyone,

Raul Rivera