Forwarding Workitem from report SWI2_FREQ

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Sep 19 19:17:58 EDT 2004

Uday,
For employees who have left the company, best approach seems to be (regardless of release):

1) LOCK the user id of the employee who is leaving - don't delete them - note that if you delete them you also lose audit trail information about who performed a task so deleting is not a good idea.
2) Use user-to-user active subscription (i.e. an entry in table HRUS_D2) to send their
work items elsewhere - that then covers their current as well as any future work items.
3) Of course change your system to point to the new user, e.g. by maintaining the data that your
agent determination rules are using.

Forwarding in 4.6C - there is a SAP_WAPI function module - but play around with it because it has some
restrictions - e.g. you may need to reserve the work item first.
Also the administrator functions such as SWIA and SWI2_FREQ do allow you to go into the technical display
of the work item and forward it.
I'd suggest that if you are finding you need to do this regularly you:
a) Look at your procedures for maintaining the data your agent determination rules are using and talk to the people who are maintaining that data - they need to understand the impact of delays in maintenance on workflow.
b) Consider using the WAPIs to put together a small program that just forwards the work item, or
c) Get very used to and document how to forward a work item from SWIA/SWI2_FREQ etc.

Regards,
Jocelyn