Substitution questions

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Sep 7 21:42:04 EDT 2004

Hi Partha,
1) Yes you cannot chain substitutes - this is *not* missing =
functionality - this is for financial delegation/audit/security reasons. =
I.e. If I substitute my work to someone else, this does *not* in any way =
imply that I am ok with them sending it on to a 3rd person.

2) No - trouble is that its very difficult if not impossible to know in =
advance what authorisations they are going to need for the underlying =
transactions/routines that may be called by workflow.  Better approach =
is to consider who will be substitutes up front in your design, so that =
either they are peers with similar authorisations, or you build your =
workflow to cater for possible action by a substitute, e.g. use user =
decisions (which don't require extra authorisation) and then perform =
updates in background.

Rgds,
Jocelyn