Workflow part of WAS 6.40

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Sun Sep 5 06:07:51 EDT 2004

Sorry I cant comment on the official release of product.

What I can say is,
As new product comes on to the Market, there is a controlled
release scheme to make sure the number of customers with a new
product is manageable from a support aspect in case too many bugs got
through testing. It is important that customers be supportable.

Only once the product has reached a state, that is measured by certain internal KPI figures, is it made available for general release.

Some minor product may never reach such a state.
eg some EP business packages.

The number of pre general release products is also managed on a
 regional basis.

In other words, you best contact your local SAP office,
if the SAP website does not refer to the product as
being status : GENERAL AVAILABILITY or default release.

DEFAULT release implies, if you don't ask for a specific version,
it is the version one you will get in a new customer shipment scenario.   This is nearly always the latest generally available product.
As usual contract specific exceptions can apply.

Hope that helps, if you do need more info,
Please contact you local SAP office for more details.

regards

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies