Call transaction method

Bijay Shrestha Bijay.Shrestha at genmills.com
Fri Oct 29 13:15:56 EDT 2004

Hi Sandra,

I had this same issue about a couple months ago. It'd be best for you to
update via BAPI (if available) or write your own FM/BAPI to update.

Here's what happens when you update via batch input called from Wf task
in background. Because of screen resolution depending upon the user's
terminal the command might not work for every field. I had identical
situation couple months ago. It was always complaining about the
mismatch of field length. I played with all the field lengths but didn't
help at all, then I had to use Bapi to update.

Also you may want to check if there's any "commit" done in your Batch
Input prcess before you hit the end of the program. When you do call
transaction/Batch Input, the moment you do comment it thinks it's done
so it quits rest of the code and returns to the task.

Your task doesn't know what happened in the Batch Input process so it'll
complete the task.

Good Luck! I hope it helps.

Bijay Shrestha=20