Replacing ESS leave approval WF

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Oct 27 06:28:23 EDT 2004

G'Day all,
I thought this would be one of the simpler jobs... but alas I was mistake=
n.
On our 4.7/620 system we cloned and modded the standard ESS leave approva=
WF (WS04200009), and customized table T554S_WEB to point to the new flow.

Running ESS 50.4, I assumed that it would pick up the new flow. Alas, no =
the
iView is coded to pick up WS20000081. Hmmmm, what's the point of a shiny =
new
customizing table in 4.7 if it's not going to be used I ask myself????

I found note 717560 (ESS: Customizing T554S_WEB for leave request) which
seems to back up my theory of simply customizing it, but... how do we get
the iView/portal to look at it???? We're also some patches above note 687=
956
(ESS leave request: Incorrect workflow), so nothing on OSS. Docs were als=
no help - the ESS docs refer to WS2... and the 4.7 docs talk about WS042.=
..,
nice that we're all in agreement.

Am I missing something obvious?
Cheers