Trapping errors in WI description

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Oct 18 11:58:05 EDT 2004

G'day all,
I've discrovered some slightly inconsistent behaviour on our 6.20/4.7 sys=
tem.

I'm trying to determine if a DB table attribute fails in the WI text, in
order to avoid having '< _WI_OBJECT_ID.BLAH not found>' appearing in the
text.

So, methinks this is easy with a couple lines of sapscript. None of these
worked:
1: if not ( &Attrib& is initial )
2: if &Attrib& CS '_WI_OBJECT'
3: if &Attrib& =3D '< _WI.... (full text pasted in)'

Even more strange - if I reverse 2 above to 'if not (...', the same resul=
t.
So I think there's something weird about when it generates the message. J=
ust
for fun I tried:
if &Attribute& > 'A'
and it worked, both with a valid and errored field value. Now I'm utterly
confused.

Can someone recommend a good way of checking for failed attributes/missin=
elements? I want to avoid editing the object as the table attribute is fr=
om
the SAP standard supertype.

Any thoughts welcome,
Cheers