workitem / workflow priority and inheritance to new tasks

Koenraad Janssens koenraad.janssens at sidmar.arcelor.com
Fri Oct 8 04:27:51 EDT 2004

Does nobody have any experiences with this?

Kind regards

K.
----- Forwarded by Koenraad JANSSENS/ISM/SIDMAR/BE on 08/10/2004 10:27
-----

Koenraad JANSSENS
05/10/2004 14:31

        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        workitem / workflow priority and inheritance to new tasks

Hi all

We are currently experimenting with workitem priority to give our users an
idea which workflow they have to solve first.  They seem to have problems
in prioritising there work.. so offcourse we'll do anything to help them.
The general idea we have behind it is that as soon as a certain period is
gone by (e.g. 5 days) we switch the priority of that workflow so it moves
up in their work queue.

We'll use the SWW_WI_PRIORITY_CHANGE function to set the priority as this
function gives us the possibility to not only set the priority on the
workitem itself but also propagate this setting to the remainder of the
workflow. (<-> SAP_WAPI_CHANGE_WORKITEM_PRIO which only sets the priority
of the workitem)

Now in our idea it's logical that once set a priority remains the same for
every new workitem in an underlying workflow.  However this seems not to
be the case.
Anyone an idea how we can make the newly created workitems inherit this
priority?  And we would prefer it to be without or with a minimum of
binding operations because we would have to update a large amount of
workflows.....

We'll appreciate any input you can give on this subject....

Kind regards

Koenraad Janssens
Sidmar N.V.- ISM
Leverage Team
E-mail: koenraad.janssens at sidmar.arcelor.com

This message should only be read by those persons to whom it is
addressed, and may contain confidential information, the disclosure
of which is prohibited. This message is not intended to create rights
or obligations without subsequent written confirmation of its contents.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately