Workflow start conditions with custom attributes

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Oct 4 20:01:33 EDT 2004

Swami,
I've used custom attributes, both database and virtual, in delegated objects many many many times in start conditions without any problem.

Check your logic - e.g. is the attribute value known at the time the event is raised, is it dependent on any other attributes (in which case have you made sure that other attribute has already been calculated at the time your attribute is calculated).

Check you have put your object/attributes in "released" status.

Check you have refreshed buffers.

Check your start condition is correct - e.g. if you are comparing to alphanumeric constants check the characters are correct in upper/lower case.

Check your start condition/event linkage is correctly active (remembering that depending on how you did it, maintaining the start condition can deactivate the event linkage so that you need to reactivate it).

Rgds,
Jocelyn