Anyone else confused by QM status management?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Nov 24 11:24:14 EST 2004

Thanks Heinz, atleast I'm not the only one going mad.

On a different note, I've now hit a chicken and egg situ: if I fix it one
way I break the other and vice versa. It's a bit late in the game to star=
create custom events (the SAP ones are in the functional spec and it's a
pharmaceutical environment - that means change is bad, very bad, very lon=
g,
ugly, too much paperwork and meetings).

Does anyone have an elegant way to filter only one event out of a possibl=
three? I have a seemingly random set of events which can trigger a flow, =
but
only one flow should be triggered. So if two events happen only one flow
should start.

Just to make it interesting, there can be previous active instances of th=
flow which should be there, so a delay in one event and then looking for
other flow instances is not the answer.

I can think of a few ugly ideas involving check functions that communicat=
with each other and/or custom tables... but I'm sure I've done or seen
something simpler. Yes I am being a bit lazy and my excuse is that my bra=
in
is fried at the moment.

Any other ideas appreciated
Cheers