Anyone else confused by QM status management?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Nov 24 06:26:42 EST 2004

Greetings all,
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one confused by the SAP standard
status/event settings around notifications?

Completing a notification and putting it back into process raises an
INPROCESSAGAIN. Rejecting a notification and putting it back into process
raises both a CREATED and INPROCESSAGAIN event. Deleting it and putting i=
back into process only raises an INPROCESS. Other combinations raise
INPROCESSAGAIN and INPROCESS, or some other random sets of events.

The basic problem seems to be that some events are raised directly in the
code and others via status management (And a few custom events for good
measure, including changedocuments). There just seems to be some
inconsistency and I'm getting tired of catering for all the bizarre
combinations of actions our functional folks can think up to produce a ne=
set of event/status combinations for the same basic process.

I suppose it's more of a rant/discussion rather than a problem, but putti=
ng
in the fourth 'special case' fix for inconsistent events within the stand=
ard
is getting tedious. At least it's made for some interesting debugging and=
lot of headscratching.

Cheers
Mike