EBP workflow with n-step BADI

Thomas, Carol carol.thomas at sap.com
Fri Nov 12 14:17:36 EST 2004

Miguel,
I did something similar for a client recently.  We created a FM that was called in the approval BADI.  The FM both returned the approver list and also returned an error text and error code if it found no approvers.  The approval BADI did nothing with the error code or error text.  We also then inserted this FM into the doc check BADI. There the badi used the error code and description and flagged the cart with an error. This way if there was a problem with finding no approvers, it was found as an error before the shopping cart could be ordered.  Once the table was corrected with the approvers then the shopping cart could be ordered

Had a great trouble free implementation with this approach.

Carol Thomas
Consultant
SAP Consulting - SAP NetWeaver Practice Unit
SAP America

3475 Deer Creek Road
Palo Alto, CA  94304
T   650 849 5555