Finding shopping cart approvers before a shopping cart is saved

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Fri Nov 12 09:04:31 EST 2004

All,

I have a requirment for an EBP shopper to manually select an approver. This is working fine with the n-step BADI workflow and the approval preview.  The BADI returns a user called 'Please Select an Approver' and then the user changes this dummy user in the approval preview.

This all worked surprisingly easily!

The last challenge is to make sure that the shopper actually chooses a new approver. To do this I am hoping to use  BADI_DOC_CHECK .  Problem is, I can't work out how to see who the current selected approver is, obviously the workflow hasn't really started yet so I can't read the container, and I have tried using function modules like 'BBP_PDH_WFL_APPROVER_GET' and 'BBP_PDH_WFL_APPROVAL_SIMULATE' to get this data but I can't get them to return me the agents.

Does anyone out there have any ideas how to get this to work?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark