Workflow Parallel Steps

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue May 25 09:53:04 EDT 2004

Hi Alon,
'Off the top' I've learnt not to rely on things to happen at the time you
expect them to happen. More logically, since a task can be anything from =
container operation or an asynch RFC call - the latter definitely occupie=
it's own process, so I'm pretty convinced that it executes in seperate
processes.
Based on pure speculation, I'd say steps are added to a table, and the WF
engine would probably read that and dispatch the tasks off into their own
process - near enough to simultaneous but not enough to absolutely rely o=
n.
Would be interesting to find out if that is the case though.

Cheers
Mike