KNA1 vs KNVV events

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed May 19 12:41:18 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm setting up custom ZCREATED events for customers. The theory is simple=
,
BUT... I also need to handle specific sales areas, requiring object KNVV
rather than KNA1. My predecessor has done the decent thing and tweaked
SWED/SWEC to link changedoc DEBI to object KNVV with a new key that inclu=
des
sales area etc.

Problem: I have another workflow that does NOT have a sales area. So we h=
ave
to use KNA1-ZCREATED. So methinks just copy the SWEC entry for KNVV-ZCREA=
TED
and plug in KNA1 as the object. It whines a little bit about incompatible
keys but since it's really just an extra bit at the end I try it anyway.
Doesn't work. Looks like I can raise events for KNA1 or KNVV but not both=
.

Now, I can work around this with event containers and some fluff, but it'=
not not nice and I'm curious if there is a neater way that anyone has dea=
lt
with both KNA1 and KNVV. There's excellent functionality for customizing =
the
events with own FM's, but through all that flexibility it seems that a
change document can only be set to a single key.
Also, even more curious is that configuring it with the default KNA1 will
result in multiple CREATED events with the same key as each sales area is
created....

Any comments appreciated...
Cheers
Mike