"No function module for process code .."

Bakker, Paul Paul.Bakker at qr.com.au
Fri May 7 02:23:27 EDT 2004

Hi,
=0D
 I posted the following message earlier this year, but did not receive
any helpful
replies (except to check BD67).=0D
=0D
 Unfortunately I then forgot about it, but the issue has come back to
bite us.
Has anyone seen this error message before? How can I reprocess these
idocs,
if not via BD87?
=0D
thanks in advance for your help,
Paul
=0D
 =0D
Howdy, and a happy new year..=0D

We're upgrading to 4.6C, and we have implemented a custom workflow to=0D
process incoming ORDRSP (order response) idocs.=0D
 =0D
The partner profile of these idocs specifies that they be handled by a=0D
workflow (instead of the usual input function module). The process code=0D
for these idocs is 'ZRSP'.=0D
 =0D
My problem is this: If one of these idocs goes into error, it seems=0D
that, *because it is linked to a workflow*, I am unable to=0D
reprocess it using BD87. The error message is:=0D
 =0D
-------------=0D
No function module for input process code ZRSP=0D
Message no. B1 033=0D
 =0D
Diagnosis=0D
The function module which performs application input for input process=0D
code ZRSP could not be determined.=0D
 =0D
Procedure=0D
Maintain ALE input methods.=0D
--------------=0D
 =0D
Is BD87 really so inflexible as to assume that all idocs are handled by=0D
function modules?=0D
Should I be using a different transaction to re-process these idocs?=0D
 =0D
Or does SAP assume that all idocs linked to workflows will never need=0D
BD87 reprocessing?=0D
 =0D
thanks for your help!=0D
Paul Bakker=0D
Brisbane, Australia=0D

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended=
 solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.=
 If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager=
 of QR.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. No=
 warranty is given that this message upon its receipt is
virus free and no liability is accepted by the sender in this respect.

This email is a message only; does not constitute advice and should not be=
 relied upon as such.