EBP CREATED event for BUS2201 doesn't trigger? - URGENT

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Mar 16 19:24:22 EST 2004

Hi Chris,
EBP uses special event handling mechanisms.  The actual event itself is never raised.
Rather the application simulates the event raising process to determine which workflow to
start and then starts that particular workflow.  This is necessary to support the approval preview
displays.

Because of this process certain restrictions exist.  One of the things that is checked is that for certain scenarios one and only one workflow must be started.   Another important criteria is that start conditions must be used
to determine which workflow will be started in a number of scenarios.

So basically the approach you have taken will not work in the way you have designed it.

In most cases also the "created" event is not used - rather the "saved" event is the real event to use for
EBP business objects.

If you are going to raise your own event I would suggest using a completely custom event rather than trying to raise a standard event again as this may affect other processes.

Your best approach is to raise an OSS message describing what you want to do - send it to the
EBP developers e.g. using component SRM-EBP-WFL - and ask for their advice for the best approach
to use.
Regards,
Jocelyn